Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Nerd in Fitness 7: A MINOR SETBACK!

Nobody warned me about illness and how it clashes with an active lifestyle.

Nobody said how fucking annoying it is, when you're in a really good spot and eager to push on; then suddenly it strikes like a meteor from a clear strike.

That one Fortitude Save that you botch. In this case, it was the flu.


This Saturday, things turned sour when I woke up with a sore throat and enough snot to power a small country (I don't even know what that means..) - add on top of that the fact that my lungs have a natural hard life, due to a pseudo-asthmatic and that I used to smoke half a year ago or so. I know; it's bad, and I'm paying the price.

Suffice to say, I've been chained to bed ever since, and even though I'm up and going today (Wednesday) my lungs still take a while longer to recuperate. Meaning, I've decided to go back one week of the program, and restart from 5+4 minutes of running. It worked out rather fine today, I managed to run the distance without too much fuzz, but the lungs did complain a bit afterwards.

On top of that comes that I'm going back to the gym soon; which I've skipped out on for almost a week (was supposed to go Sunday) - so here's to that.

Sometimes you just need to remember the words of Dr. Claw...


No comments:

Post a Comment